7 Tips for Keeping Your Pets Safe This July 4th
For many pets, Fourth of July parades, picnics and fireworks displays are not fun and may even be scary so here are 7 tips for keeping your pets safe.
- Leave your pet at home while you attend parades, picnics and fireworks displays.
- Too much sun can be dangerous for our pets, so be sure to provide plenty of cool water and shade.
- Keep pets away from hot barbeque grills to avoid burns and other injuries.
- Never use fireworks or sparklers around your pets, who could be severely burned about the mouth, face or paws.
- Keep alcoholic drinks out of pets’ reach because they can become intoxicated like people do.
- Use only pet-friendly sunscreen and insect repellent if your pet needs them.
- Never leave your pet in your car when it’s warm outside — even if you crack open windows and park in a shaded area.
More pets get lost on July 4 than any other day of the year. Be sure your pet is wearing a collar with an updated ID tag or has been microchipped.